A variety of professional resources are accessible from the WRDSB Virtual Library. They are located under the Virtual Library- Staff tab on the LLC Homepage. Log in with your PAL for access when browsing from home.
Descriptions and access information for student online resources (ebooks, databases, encyclopedias) are available on the Elementary Virtual Library and Secondary School Virtual Library pages.
- e-Journals provides full-text access to over 37 000 professional titles. Stay current with professional literature from work and from home. A How-To Guide and login information can be found on the Access page of this site.
- Explora Educator’s Edition is an EBSCO interface that searches:
- Teacher Reference Center
- Education Research Complete
- Use EBSCO HOST to select specific database(s) to search within.
- Educator’s Reference Complete provides access to academic journals, reports, and many premier reference sources in the field of education. The database includes content in key subject areas including bilingual education, child development and psychology, funding, health education, technology, and testing.
- Ontario Educational Resource Bank searches for Ontario educational resources by grade, subject/course, strand, overall expectations, and/or keywords. Login information can be obtained by submitting an ITService Desk ticket.
- Ophea has a variety resources to help you implement physical activity and fulfil curriculum expectations. Features include browsing function, suggested content links, & online programs such as H&PE Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8. Login information can be obtained by submitting an ITService Desk ticket.
Access the majority of professional e-resources by searching under “Staff Resource Centre” location within the LLC, or go directly to your preferred e-resource under the Virtual Library- Staff tab. These materials include:
- The Sora digital library from the parent company, OverDrive offers professional eBook resources for staff. Log in with your PAL and select “Staff Resources” under the Collections tab. Please see the “How-To” Guide for assistance.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is an eBook collection which hosts a variety of professional educational eBook resources.
See the Virtual Library – eVideo section on the Virtual Library for quick access to popular eVideo resources.
- Learn360 is a web-based digital video library comprised of thousands of K-12 core-curriculum videos, video clips, newsreels, audio and video speeches, still images, and audio files.
- CBC Curio gives teachers and students streaming access to the best in educational video and audio from CBC and Radio-Canada. You’ll find documentaries from television and radio, news reports and more.
- NFB.ca is a collection of documentaries, animations, and films from the National Film Board of Canada. The service allows users to create their own classroom-ready playlists. Note: videos with the “CAMPUS” label are not licensed centrally and will not be available.